Monday, February 15, 2010

In Class Work

1. Description
I walked down the hall and I could smell the odor sweeping out through the cracks of the door. As soon as I opened the door to the apartment, I knew that my roommate had played party host all weekend long. When I stepped into the room I heard a crunch and looked down and saw food all over the floor. As I headed to my room I found someone passed out on my bedroom floor with beer cans all around them. The smell in the room was so awful, I could not even stay in there without gagging. When my roommate finally woke up later that day we had a long discussion about what happen all weekend long.
2. Process
The first week I started college, I learned a lot of different things living with new people. One, my roommate has the most peculiar morning ritual. When she first wakes up in the morning she always has to brush her hair no matter what. After that she then brushes her teeth and puts lotion to make sure her skin is not dry. I cannot blame her for doing that though. After all of that you would think that she is awake but instead she lays back down, gets on the computer to look at email’s and facebook, and makes phone calls. After her doing her everyday rituals she is ready to start the day with new things.
3. Illustration
The university bookstore takes advantage of students in many ways. At many college campus bookstores this happens. They make all of their supplies, clothing, accessories, textbooks, and ect. very expensive. Many stores make their supplies the cheapest things in the store hoping students will buy them other than big companies. Also they make their cloths more expensive than usual. Bookstores know that all students want to support their school and one way is to wear close with the university on it. Bookstores are usually the only place to buy cute shirts and outfits to wear. Stores make the textbooks especially expensive. Everyone need the textbooks to pass the class, so the bookstore makes them expensive for everyone can buy them contently.
4. Description
When I first met Fern, I knew immediately that she was a smoker. I could instantly smell the bad odor coming off of her cloths. Because she is an older lady, I could see the wrinkles around her mouth realizing she has smoked for years. Her fingers tips were yellow caused from smoking all those years. While I was talking to her just for a few minutes I could tell she was jittering and could not stop moving because she needed some nicotine. She is the nicest lady’s in the world but I just wished she would have not smoked all those years.
5. Narration
It had been the worst day ever. When I first woke up late that morning for class and forgot to do an important assignment due that day. When I walked into the class the teacher was taking up the assignment and made me get in front of everyone to present my homework. I had to tell her in front of everyone that I did not get mine done. When that class was over I went to my next class and had a very hard pop quiz that I knew I had failed. The rest of the day had gone downhill from there. When it was all said and done, I was just glad to call it a day.
6. Cause and Effect.
Attending USI has changed my life in many ways. When I first got here I was a very shy person, once I knew you for awhile I was more outgoing, but I had to get used to you. After attending USI I have become more outgoing. I have met many new friends and people that I care about very much and I am not shy around them at all. When I first I already decided that I was going to be outgoing. Being here has changed me to be more fun around everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment