Wednesday, February 3, 2010

English 201-Essay #1 Draft Self-evaluation

1. I decide to select the first prompt explaining one of my school memories. It appealed to me because I loved the trip and I think it is a funny story I like to tell about. I also considered writing the second one because I also like that story but I thought readers would enjoy my trip better.

2. The most helpful mode for me to create this content was narration and description because primarily told about my story. I also used illustration in my story.

3. I told the readers about how I acted when these events happened. I wanted them to be important so that the story can be more amusing and the readers would get into much more. They accomplish entertainment for the reader and myself.

4. I told the readers about the places that had the most action during the week and also they would interest readers more rather than other sites I had seen during that week.
The driver had to call the bus company to have them ship another bus
to us so we could get back on the road and head home again, but the
company called back and told us that they could not find a bus for
us. It was derby weekend in Lexington, Kentucky and all the extra
buses were taken for other uses. They decided that we should stay in
a hotel in the next town until the morning so the part could get
fixed. A truck came and could only pick up a few kids at time to take
to the hotel. After several hours my dad, two other girls, the
teacher, and me were the last to get picked up. When we got to the
hotel it was three in the morning and the rest of the class was
already asleep. We woke up that morning and had to find things to
keep busy until the bus was fixed. About two in the afternoon the bus
was ready and we could leave to start home again. Having our bus
brake down was the worst thing that happened all week, but I had made
so many memories from just that night that I love. Before we left for
D.C., I knew I was going to make memories but I did not realize how
many wonderful ones I would have.

5. My main reason to write this essay was to entertain the readers. I am hoping that the viewers will laugh at my story and think that it is as amusing as I did.

6. I thought about the places we went to that the readers would like the most. If I told them about going to the capital and just telling them facts, the story would get boring and no one would care about it.

7. I had trouble trying to come up with enough entertainment for the viewers to keep reading my story and not get bored with it.
I would like my peer reviewers to help me with my grammar and also if I described everything so that they can understand it clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment