Friday, January 22, 2010

It was the end of a chapter in my life, I was getting ready to graduate from middle school and start high school in the fall. My eighth grade graduating class only contained twenty-seven students was getting ready to go on our class trip. We had raised money throughout the year to go on a to Washington D. C. I had been excited about this trip as well as the entire class. We had been talking about this trip since I was little and could not believe it was already here.

After church Saturday night we got onto the charter bus and left for our adventure in D.C. We had driven all night to make it to Washington by morning. Me and my friends were so hyper and crazy on the bus ride and could not wait to get there. Around ten o’clock the next day we finally got to D.C. and already started making memories. Throughout the week we went to many churches, famous sites, and parks.

That week had been one of the most fun weeks I have ever had and also the most exhausting. By the end of the week I was ready to be home and see the rest of my family, but not looking forward to the twelve hour trip home. We packed the bus and left early that morning so we could get home that night to see our family. One the bus trip everyone slept and tried to relax thinking about all the fun we had that week. It was about eleven o’clock that night and we were a few of hours out of Lexington, Kentucky, when I woke up from sleeping to hear people panicking. I look out the window and see that our bus was on the side of the road just sitting there. Our teacher had told us that the bus driver said that the bus was not working right and that a part broke.

He had to call the bus company to have them ship another bus to us so we could get back on the road and head home again. The company called back and told us that they could not find a bus to use because the derby was going on and all the extra buses were taken. They decided that we should stay in a hotel in the next town until the morning so the part could get fixed. A truck came and only got to pick a few kids up at time to take to the hotel. After several hours my dad, me, and two other girls were the last on the bus and got to leave. When we got to the hotel it was three in the morning and the rest of the class was already asleep. We woke up that morning and had to find things to keep busy until the bus was fixed. About two in the afternoon the bus was ready and we could leave to start home again. Having our bus brake down was the worst thing that happened all week, but I had made so many memories from just that night that I love. Before we left for D.C., I knew I was going to make memories but I did not realize how many wonderful ones I would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment